As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire a Backend Software Developer with at least 8 years of full-time professional development experience, to join our NYC-based team. You will be working on implementing entirely new features and functionality from scratch, as well as enhancing, maintaining and bug-fixing our existing code-base. You will also have the ability to work on various components of our apps, including our in-depth user-analytics, back-end/number-crunching/data-processing core or the presentation layer. You will be leading and coordinating the work of a small technology team and working with our product organization to determine goals and requirements.
- 8+ years full-time professional experience as a software developer
- Lead team of 3-5 engineers focused on a particular product or specific project initiatives.
- Excellent knowledge of at least 2+ programming languages (e.g. Java, PHP, Perl, C#, C++, Objective C, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of common programming patterns
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL) and some understanding of non-relational datastores
- Working knowledge of *nix systems, networking and internet protocols
- Good social and cooperation skills
- Excellent communication skills