· Identify opportunities for implementing automations in existing systems to improve efficiency.
· Work with internal teams, vendors, MSP and partners to develop solutions that implement proactive monitoring and alerting to create self-healing systems by leveraging infrastructure as code.
· Collaborate with clients and domain architects to understand and document solution requirements.
· Develop and implement automation solutions and processes to meet client requirements.
· Interface with vendors and service providers to identify solutions that deliver value to the business.
· Plan, track and deliver work through SAFe Agile practices.
· Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to set priorities, coordinate activities and provide periodic status reports throughout sprints and program increments.
· Prepare and deliver presentations to clients, peers and leaders as needed.
· Prepare and deliver periodic status updates to management team.
· Develop self-service workflows using vRealize suite.
· Develop and maintain Puppet manifests required to deploy configuration as a code.
· Develop Ansible automation playbooks required to deploy operating systems.
· Develop automations which facilitate interoperation between systems using RESTful APIs.
· Ensure that security policies and practices are applied to all activities and deliverables.
· Ensure that solutions are efficient yet robust and scalable.
· Develop and deliver documentation as part of operational handoff of solutions.
· Support and advocate for automation team initiatives, principals and best practices.
· Provides automation and scripting subject matter expertise to other teams as needed.
· Support company and departmental initiatives, including transformational initiatives.
· Provide thought leadership and value add to IT and the enterprise.
· Contribute to the management and planning of the budget for this cost center.
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized
· Well-developed logical, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
· Strong working knowledge and experience with:
o Object-oriented programming concepts
o One or more scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, awk, Java Script)
o Scripting for process automation
o REST and RESTful APIs
o Data serialization languages (JSON, YAML, XML)
o Version control (Git, Azure DevOps)
o Desired state and configuration management (Puppet, Ansible, DSC, etc)
o CI/CD Pipelines
o Test driven development
o Event driven architectures
o Windows Server OS
o Linux OS (RHEL preferred)
· Experience developing and delivering infrastructure as code.
· Experience managing hardware platforms such as Pure Storage, Dell Unity, HPe Synergy, Cisco Nexus through code and RESTful APIs.
· Experience working with VMware vSphere, vRealize, and Log Insight.
· Experience with Azure public cloud (Azure Automation, Azure Resource Manager, ARM templates).
· Knowledge of tools such as Dynatrace, Log Insight, Chocolatey, Moogsoft, SCCM, Splunk, etc.
· Familiarity with chargeback/showback reporting a plus.
· Experience provisioning and managing servers in physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures.
· Experience working with Active Directory, Azure AD, and O365/M365 are all a plus.
· Experience integrating automation actions against ITSM tools such as BMC Remedy or ServiceNow a plus.
· Experience with ML, AI and AIOps tools a plus.
· Ability to develop and communicate strategic direction to leadership.
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and managed service providers.
· Ability to work well with people from many different cultures and disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
· BS or BA degree in computer science or related field preferred. Commensurate work and/or military experience will be considered.
· 5-10 years of infrastructure Engineering experience.
· 3-5 years of experience focused on delivering infrastructure as code.