Data Platform Architect
Are you a problem solver who enjoys diving into data and architecting and maintaining high quality, flexible data solutions? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you? If so, our client is seeking a Data Platform Architect to join the Data Platform & Capabilities team responsible for establishing and maintaining an adaptable data infrastructure to provide access to high quality, consistent data and self-service capabilities in an easy and convenient manner to all authorized end users and applications of client and its subsidiaries.
Our team is looking for a hands-on Data Platform Architect to be a member of our Data Platform & Capabilities Team, responsible for the overall data lake and analytics platforms used to support operation, BI and analytics initiatives.
Data Platform Architect is a technical, hands-on role where the candidate will have the opportunity to help grow our data strategy, platform, and capabilities to continue advancing client as a digital first data driven organization. This role will work directly with solution/data architects, business reporting teams, data scientists and data engineers to define, design and deliver the technical data solutions that will support the business’s vision, strategy, and goals.
A strategic thinker, that can manage technology platform services, delivery and strategy. You should be a self-starter who is fueled by collaboration, able to transform conceptual thinking into executable insights who thrives with partnering data architects, engineers, data scientists and BI professionals.
- Responsible for architecture, design and certification of data management and data analytics platforms.
- Conduct proof-of-concepts and pilots to evaluate technologies and tools while establishing standard design patterns and best practices.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to ensure data architectures address business and IT objectives.
- Responsible for platform automation, security, and governance.
- Work with solution architects to identify infrastructure needs and provide support to developers and business users.
- Research performance issues; Optimize platform for performance.
- Design, deploy, configure, and support the operations of our data and analytics platforms. This includes working with open source and/or commercial stacks to support the full SDLC. This resource will deploy, manage, and maintain development, test and production environments for the data analytics platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all operational environments.
- Provide technical training to external team members.
- Work with a cross functional agile teams delivering incremental software deployments.
- Forward thinking by continuously adopting new ideas and technologies to solve business problems.
- Serve as a driving force to institute DataOps thinking and processes.
- Measure and report of key performance indicators for the data platform and capabilities services.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS Big Data Stack technologies– Athena, Redshift, Glue, Lake Formation, DMS, SageMaker
- Experience in developing strategy and architecture for managing the enterprise’s data.
- Experience developing reference architecture, principles, and standards.
- Strong knowledge of data management, data integration, database development techniques
- Working knowledge of managing data governance and data quality best practices
- Experience in data warehousing, data modeling and/or data analysis
- Strong knowledge on Machine Learning concepts
- Working knowledge on Enterprise Search Platforms – e.g. Lucidworks Fusion.
- Knowledge on DevOps tools – Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins, Bitbucket.
- 8-10 Years of IT experience, with 5+ years of experience as a data engineer
- 3+Experience with database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Oracle, Hadoop)
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- Expert-level database skills – creating and optimizing queries and data structures.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and work with diverse project teams
- Insurance domain knowledge; preferably with an insurance carrier.
- HIPAA and other regulations that govern the access of data
- Relational database concepts; Strong experience data integration, business intelligence related technologies.
- Experience with ETL and other business intelligence tools, preferably Informatica, Alteryx, SSIS and Syncsort
- Strong RDBMS knowledge.
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- New York NY, Holmdel NJ or Bethlehem PA with work from home flexibility.
- Up to 5% travel within US.