ETL Production Support Engineer
Our client is looking for a data driven person who has engineered and supported critical applications in an insurance / financial environment and is experienced in ETL, data warehousing and setting up data pipelines across the enterprise. This seasoned professional will need to interface with the Investments business and IT management, providing them with data solutions, timely and accurate status updates, short-term / long-term plans, release plans, etc. in a clear consistent manner that emphasizes performance metrics, strategic planning, continuous improvement and adherence to industry best practices. The candidate will display technical and functional competence in data management standards.
Your responsibilities will include the following activities:
- Production Support, Deployment & Migration, and Maintenance for Investments applications.
- Maintain service uptime as defined in service level agreements.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and build out new integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data accuracy and assist in data analysis to troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Data engineering abilities and expertise in using SQL, DDL/DML, performance tuning, data modeling and data warehousing techniques. Knowledge of Python with an ability to code in other languages.
- In-depth experience working with enterprise scheduler BMC Control-M.
- Experience working with relational/non-relational databases and understanding of storage technologies like SQL Server. Work with DBA and other staff as necessary, to instantiate physical databases based on the models.
- Experience working with AWS services such as S3, EMR, EC2, or data lake architecture is a plus.
- Review data sources and assess data quality; determine the appropriate data inputs, outputs and integration rules and strategy. Advanced problem solving, data analytics and troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify and solve complex business needs. Exposure to Data Integration tools like SSIS and Informatica.
- Interface with business units, internal IT, customers, and management in the performance of duties. Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Expert-level data sourcing and data mapping and data analysis skills.
- Expert-level database skills – creating and optimizing queries and data structures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Ability to self-manage tasks to meet delivery targets.
- Investment or financial services domain knowledge
- Relational database concepts; Strong experience data integration
- ETL concepts with strong Informatica and SSIS knowledge
- Strong RDBMS knowledge.
- 10+ Years of IT industry experience, with 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in data related areas.
- 5+ years of strong SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server, stored procedures, and Control-M experience
- 3+ years of Python development experience
- Must have Experience with Data Integration – Informatica, SSIS
- Strong UNIX Shell Scripting experience with Windows and Linux
- Experience working with CI/CD – Bitbucket (GIT), Jenkins
- Significant experience interfacing with business end-users
- Preferred experience with NeoXam DataHub
- Preferred experience with .NET
- Preferred experience with AWS – S3, EMR, EC2