The Senior Developer
will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of a data management solution. This includes the analysis, design, development, testing, installation, and initial maintenance of the solution and acting as interface with customers and other developers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meeting business requirements. The position will utilize a variety of hardware and software technologies and would include system integration, new code construction, modifications to existing modules, and package implementations. This position will apply disciplined software development methodology and utilize leading edge technologies to engineer and implement solutions for business problems. He/she will display technical and functional competence in data management standards.
- Collaborate with team members, IT, and software consultants to ensure functional and business specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs
- Develop and implement software to support data warehouse and system integration strategies that utilize data marts and/or data warehouse systems to enhance business processes and manage business intelligence
- Design and manage data models for applications, metadata tables, and views, ensuring system, data and reporting standards, security, performance, robustness and reliability
- Implement, maintain and support of NeoXam DataHub, a buy-side enterprise data management solution
- Establish analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Develop data quality metrics that identify gaps and ensure compliance with Investment and Enterprise wide standards
- Active role in quality assurance (QA) and user acceptance testing (UAT) for data and solution initiatives by providing test plans and testing support, attending team meetings, and documentation.
- This position will be primarily located in our New York City, NY (Headquarters) office.
- 5 to 7 years of overall experience in Investments and Insurance data and systems management, data science, programming, and information systems
- Experience with an Enterprise Data Management Tool (NeoXam DataHub, Markit EDM, GoldenSource, etc.) or Data Warehouse /ETL (IBM Datastage, Informatica, etc.)
- Experience building various in-bound and out-bound feeds (Markit, Bloomberg, PAM, etc.)
- Understand and support business data needs; understand data layout and resulting business impact
- Track record of collaborating with IT, Business and vendor teams to provide technical solutions and improvements, delivering end-to-end products/processes on schedule and budget, as per business requirements and SDLC standards, including addressing performance and ad-hoc requests
- Working knowledge of financial investments
- Works effectively with associates across business and IT functional teams
- Adapt to changing business priorities and environments
- Strong Agile experience and the ability to work on a cross functional, self-organizing development team. SAFe experience is a plus
- Experience with BI Systems
- Bachelor degree in management information systems, computer science, or a related field
- UNIX scripting experience
- Strong development experience: Python, Java, .Net, SQL, or similar programming languages, EMS/JMS, ETL, SQLServer, Oracle, ContolM , Informatica, XML, XSD and XSLT.
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Tableau experience (or any other visualization tool)
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and communication skills