Our client is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to partner with Architects and Engineers in the IT network infrastructure, supporting our business platforms and continuously improve to meet the evolving needs of our business community. The Engineer will provide technical leadership to the team to help drive the strategic initiatives. The network engineer is also required to document designs and creations and share their findings with others.
- Provide leadership in IT for the development of highly appropriate, tightly integrated, consistently available, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant solutions
- Ability to Design and implement standardized methodologies to deploy and maintain routing and switching, LAN/WAN, wireless network, load balancers, cloud infrastructure networking components, network monitoring tools, WAN acceleration, SD WAN and other relevant technologies
- Ability to lead a network implementation by taking ownership of a project and being accountable for its success, including providing executive summary status reports
- Ability to design enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP).
- Knowledge of SDN concepts and familiarity with Python, REST, model-driven programmability, containers and other modern aspects of network engineering
- Strong background in data center networking technologies like Cisco IOS, NXOS, Cisco VPC, Spine-Leaf designs, OTV and VXLAN layer2 extensions, etc.
- Work with architecture team to prepare recommendations and supporting details for formal project proposals for network connectivity and configurations
- Perform as SME escalation in support of IT operational organization during complex highly impactful outages that can cross multiple functional domains, involving chronic recurring problems, vendor product bugs and other critical network functionality
- Ensure all engineered solutions have sufficient design documentation available including HLD and LLD documents.
- Ensure all engineered solutions and features take operational needs into account and provide the Operations team with sufficient documentation, training and standard operating procedures that support daily operation, maintenance, upgrades and support escalations for the solution.
- Identify areas for enhanced efficiency through automation, suggested process improvements and streamlined workflow.
- Work with Information Security to ensure that security policies are properly engineered into the delivered solutions and features.
- College degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- 10 + years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, enterprise-level environment including leadership roles
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network layout and communication systems.
- Experienced in Azure Cloud networking
- Advanced level knowledge of many of the following technologies: Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches; Cisco routers; Cisco wireless LAN. F5 LTM, APM and iRules; Riverbed Steelheads and Interceptors; Azure cloud and network services; CloudGenix SD WAN; SolarWinds.
- Network certifications desirable from leading network vendors: Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE); F5; Microsoft Azure.
- Ability to work with vendors and research product offerings to determine appropriate solutions. Ability to review, evaluate and make recommendations on vendor SOW’s, BOM’s and proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate to all levels of IT, including producing status reports interface with stakeholders and report to IT leadership.
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills.