Citrix Desktop Support- 2nd/3rd level support
This role requires a very high level of technical proficiency and requires an individual with executive presence and strong communication skills based at our clients' HQ. In addition, you will also be supporting the technical training of the deskside team. You will be responsible for all Incidents/Service Requests received by the VIP Support ensuring all are dealt with to the highest standard and professionalism.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, managing the day-day VIP IT Support. The key focus of this position is to monitor and manage the Deskside services offered to our C-level Execs.
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding /desktop support.
- Hands on role where expected to provide 2nd line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service objectives.
- To provide infrastructure administration functions.
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours in the event of a major incident.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers, backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Jira Service Desk ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated triage incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients team on supported technologies.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
· A minimum 3 years’ experience as a 2nd and on the cusp 3rd Line support within a fast-paced environment.
· The ability to respond to End Customers by telephone, electronically or face to face.
· Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop Support Experience is essential.
· Citrix Provisioning Services / Machine Creation Services support experience.
· You must be able to provide a valid Citrix Certified Administrator/Associate Accreditation.
· A solid understanding a proven experience around Citrix NetScaler and its capabilities within an EUC platform.
· Strong knowledge of other EUC virtualisation eg. VMware Horizon
· Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, Cisco switches, firewalls, VPN, VoIP
· Windows 2012/2016 MCSE/MCITP experience would be beneficial.
· Citrix Certified Professional or Citrix Certified Expert (Virtualisation, Networking or Mobility) would be extremely beneficial.
· Ideally you will hold ITIL Foundation certification (V3).