The position entails provisioning, installing, modifying and repairing various end user devices, hosted software solutions, in-house software suites and end user thick and thin clients. The Help Desk technician provides technical assistance, support and training to system users by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Deliver superior customer service – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, approachable, responsive, resourceful and conscientious.
- Document incidents and service requests using a ticketing system.
- Document, prioritize, and monitor all support calls via phone or email.
- Identify and document knowledge information for Help Desk’s Knowledge Management
- Provision end user devices, loading operating systems, required software and configurations via deployment suites.
- Support and maintain user accounts, mailboxes, shared mailboxes, calendars and public calendars configurations.
- Install hardware and peripheral components.
- Load software and troubleshoot application issues.
- Provide guidance to end-users for general computer use.
- Identify and evaluate requirements of end users.
- Provide technical support to designated company meetings and conferences.
- Coordinate activities with Help Desk, InfoSec, DevOps, Network, and other IT groups.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to learn and take on new tasks without much supervision.
- Experience and understanding of the ITS environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve computer related problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Required knowledge in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Windows 7/10
- Desirable knowledge in the following:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Ivanti / LANDesk Endpoint Management
- JAMF Pro Endpoint Management
- MobileIron MDM
- SCCM Experience
- Office 365 User and Exchange Mailbox Management
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Active Directory OU
- Group Policy Objects Management
- Computer Networks (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, SSL)
- Computer Security Tools & Technologies
- Bash and/or PowerShell Scripting
- A+ Certification (CompTIA) or minimum 2 years of Help Desk / technical support experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or combination of education and experience.
- CCNA or Network+ Certification a Plus
- Security+ Certification a Plus