Financial services client is looking to hire candidate with experience architecting and implementing a self-service portal. The client is in the initial phase of this development and thus need to decide if to piggyback off their existing solutions or develop custom solution.
The Enterprise Self-Service Portal Architect 'EA' is expected to ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with client’s business, technology and governance strategies, policies and standards. As a thought leader, the EA is responsible for providing guidance, road maps, principles, standards and best practices for designing, selecting, building, configuring, and deploying business capability through application & technology solutions. The role is responsible for translating business vision and strategy into effective enterprise change by creating, communicating and improving key requirements and models that describe client's future state and enable its evolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide architectural guidance to various development teams working on applications, systems, and platforms.
• Help define the application landscape and enabling technologies.
• Design component-based solutions that support business aspirations (which include agility of design, cost effectiveness, high reuse value and optimization of existing components, etc.) to achieve the strategic business objectives.
• In collaboration with Data Architects and Solutions Architects, develop architecture principles, standards, best practices, guidelines and vision and ensure alignment between architecture and implementation.
• Set IT architectural principles and standards for the enterprise.
• Work line of business senior management to ensure the integrity of the architecture while establishing the relevance of IT architecture changes to business outcomes.
• Lead application design and detailed design specifications to ensure that architecture standards are followed and advocate for business priorities in the context of solution design.
• Work with key members of the management team to define and drive technical strategy and architectural direction for various applications and systems.
• Build, adapt, and sustain a common architecture development methodology using industry-recognized best practices. Owns responsibility for ensuring architecture practices and activities throughout the company occur within the established framework and tools.
• Review solution architectures based on established enterprise application strategy.
• Lead the translation of business priorities into architectures and strategies to enable delivery of appropriate solutions.
• Curate an architecture reference library including artifacts of reference and project- or system-specific interest.
• Communicate system solutions, recommend approaches and support project teams through the deployments of the solutions/approaches.
• Design reusable business/technology solution components and patterns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to function at both the conceptual as well as detail levels.
• Must have a strong business architecture perspective.
• A wide degree of creativity, efficiency, understanding of application design principals and demonstrable use of those principles in application architecture.
• Knowledge of Application design patterns, data modeling, service-oriented integration, business intelligence domains.
• Experience in architecting and designing scalable, secured, high performing, easily manageable business systems.
• Experience leading systems architecture and design sessions with members of applications and technology teams.
• Experience in architecting and deploying web-based and web-enabled business applications.
• Experience in designing/developing distributed applications.
• Experience with mobile applications architecture and development.
• Experience with transactional applications in industries such as benefits, financial, and/or healthcare.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience in interacting and negotiating with business stakeholders at all levels.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years of application development experience with strategy and architecture.
• Strong history of business and project engagement.