ETL & Business Intelligence Specialist
This role reports to the Director, Head of Decision Support & Analytics, FP&A, who in turn reports to the Vice President, Head of FP&A.
- Conduct data analysis in support of a variety of analytic solutions.
- Create and produce forecasts, reports, ad hoc requests, dashboards, etc.
- Prepare monthly dashboard reports, identifying trends and presenting thoughtful, actionable solutions.
- Document and train end users on reports and dashboards.
- Transform and utilize data in the data warehouse by creating, automating and documenting new tables in a post-load process. These new tables will transform the data from a transactional view to a more user-friendly business view. These tables can be used for direct usage for descriptive and predictive analytics
- Apply the business rules on raw data in the data warehouse, data cleansing, data blending to bring data into the shape for profiling, dashboards, insights via project basis.
- Applying masking routine on the personally identifiable/sensitive data when necessary
- Continuously apply Data Governance processes including monitoring of the data quality with appropriate business areas
- Provide data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, anomaly detection and data visualization to address customer needs with front-end tools
- Documenting the data blending process along with the specifications and workflow/data lineage for future automation usage
- Maintaining/adding to already made data dictionary for predictive analytics data profiling/modeling and/or any downstream usage
- Partners with IT, Database Administrators and business owners to ensure optimized data transformation and efficiencies.
- Develop relationships with business team members by being proactive, displaying an increasing understanding of the business processes and by recommending innovative solutions
- 5+ years’ experience working with databases and hands-on proficiency in SQL
- 5+ years of relevant experience in ETL or data analyst role, including data mining and/or ETL development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, IT, or Data Analytics from an accredited university
- Hands-on proficiency in one or more scripting languages (e.g., Java, Python, Scala, R, Shell scripting)
- 2+ years’ experience developing management reporting dashboards using Tableau
- Database Development – Hadoop
- Experience with relational databases: Sybase ASE, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills