Our client which is a fast growing consumer oriented financial information services firm is looking to hire a back end engineer with strong technical skills and robust market experience. The client offers an excellent environment in which to work and thrive.
As part of our growth strategy, client is looking to hire a Backend Software Developer with at least 4 years of full-time professional development experience, to join their NYC-based team. You will be working on implementing entirely new features and functionality from scratch, as well as enhancing, maintaining and bug-fixing our existing code-base. You will also have the ability to work on various components of our apps, including our in-depth user-analytics, back-end/number-crunching/data-processing core or the presentation layer.
- 4+ years full-time professional experience as a software developer
- Excellent knowledge of at least 2+ programming languages (e.g. Java, PHP, Perl, C#, C++, Objective C, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of common programming patterns
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL) and some understanding of non-relational datastores
- Working knowledge of *nix systems, networking and internet protocols
- Good social and cooperation skills
- Excellent communication skills