Senior engineer responsible for the design, delivery and support of our personal computing environment. Will be a key technical leader to help drive our strategy to “Deliver any information, on any device, anywhere”. With a strong customer-oriented mindset, responsible for managing key aspects of our virtual desktop packages across the enterprise. Ensure successful maintenance and support for all virtual desktop application installation and deployment across the enterprise. Provide tier 3 technical support on highly complex and technical issues for various desktop, virtual desktop and operating systems. Manage large groups of Windows-based computer systems, utilizing System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements
· Designs, deploys and supports the current VMware Virtual Infrastructure environment including image management: working with vSphere; Virtual Software Provisioning; VMware Horizon suite (Thinapp, App Volumes, Workspace and Mirage).
· Maintains and supports the current System Center Confirmation Manager (SCCM) 2012 environment: creating packages, software updates, Operating System (OS) provisioning, etc., to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved
· Test and push software, patches, configurations, and updates to individual machines or groups of machines as needed.
· Create and maintain project upgrade plans, schedules and assist in managing roll outs.
· Serves as point of escalation from tier two technical support and provides the highest level of internal expertise in area of responsibility prior to vendor escalation. Partners closely with vendors to solve complex technical issues.
· Leads production hardware and software system upgrades and installations.
· Key participant in product evaluation, including planning, installation, testing, and technical support.
· Uses experience and process management skills to identify and implement continuous improvement activities throughout Client Services.
· Acts as mentor to more junior positions in the Client Services area. May act as lead in the absence of the team manager.
· Partners with Enterprise Architecture to assess new technologies and solutions that may be leveraged in Client Services as well as enterprise wide.
· Provide expert subject matter expertise to organization within area of discipline.
· Strong working knowledge of various VMware applications designed to manage large groups of virtual desktops.
· Experience with SCCM administration/configuration.
· Experience using scripting capabilities for improved productivity and consistency in delivery of services.
· Experience with Windows 10 deployment.
· College degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred.
· 5 years’ experience with virtual desktop management.
· Experience providing advanced technical support and troubleshooting across the end user computing lifecycle including
· Microsoft desktop OS and productivity suites.
· Experience leading projects, roll outs and deployments of new end user computing devices and applications.