Our client's modeling group is seeking candidates for a financial modeler position in their model development team. Desk Strategists (Strats) support revenue-generating activities and reside within the client's Wealth Management businesses, covering a wide range of financial products such as bank deposits, mortgage lending and retail lending.
In this role you will collaborate with the banking business on pricing strategies, new product offerings and risk analysis. Strats will be responsible for the creation of product risk and valuation models, as well as on-demand tools to better identify market opportunities.
• Determine and create the valuation and risk management models that will feed
the Firm’s books and records for the bank’s holdings;
• Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of current valuation and risk models,
and make enhancements as needed;
• Collaborate with portfolio managers to analyze and advise on managing the
risk of the positions currently on the bank’s balance sheet as well as future
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as CCAR.
• Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or other computational
sciences is strongly preferred. Master degree in Computational Finance or
Mathematical Finance will also be considered.
• Strong hands-on technology skills are a core requirement (e.g., C++ and Python
programming, and/or statistical packages such as SAS, R, and Matlab).
• Strong communication & collaboration skills are required.
• Prior financial industry experience is preferred