The Infrastructure Services Engineer is responsible for building and supporting client's Global IT infrastructure systems.
- Support and maintain Windows, Linux, and VMWare servers on-premise and in the cloud with a security-first mindset.
- Build and Operate a Global WAN connecting over 15 sites.
- Assist in the day-to-day support of IT technology operations, service, and project delivery.
- Build, deploy and support Windows Servers and Applications on VMWare, AWS, Azure, Cisco and/or Dell Hardware in a global interconnected company.
- Drive global IT hosting strategy and technology roadmap.
- Proactively communicates status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues
- Monitor and report on the performance of infrastructure components against KPIs and take preemptive measures to minimize interruptions.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and deploy network-based solutions such as web filters, IPS/IDS, firewalls, VPN, Intune, and related technologies.
- Manage and support enterprise-level applications and systems.
- Provide day-to-day and strategic support and maintenance of a complex Global LAN/WAN.
- Support and maintain disaster recovery and risk management processes.
- Ensure sufficient logging, monitoring and alerting strategies around availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Host incident reviews and blameless post mortems.
- Continuously improve Incident Management policies, procedures, tools, and implementation.
- Minimize ‘mean-time-to-resolution’ (MTTR) of production issues.
- Evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine whether their applicability aligns with business needs.
- Think and Act Strategically: Use critical thinking and judgment to develop and implement business plans and strategies.
- Provide deskside support as required to all employees including senior executives (white glove support).
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time and to work nights & weekends as required, participating in on-call support rotation.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and a minimum of 5 years of infrastructure systems experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must have IT Infrastructure experience including implementing secure systems and enterprise-level experience in IT and operations. Relevant industry certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of infrastructure experience.
- Familiar with Datacenter concepts and comfortable deploying hardware in a world-class datacenter.
- Experience building, supporting and optimizing Virtual/On-Premise/Cloud Windows, Linux and VMWare servers.
- Ability to support a 24/7/365 always available production-grade service.
- Experience with hands-on automation: (e.g. Powershell, Python, Perl, VisualBasic, or other scripting).
- Experience with Windows operating system administration.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead small projects from start to completion.
- Demonstrable ability to drive service and operational improvements in an area of practice.
- Experience with Vendor relationships and management.
- Experience working in an environment with established industry-standard rigor and controls such as ITIL or related disciplines.
- Ability to work under pressure, be a team player and lead by example.
- Excellent time-management skills and commitment to follow issues through to completion.
- Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate/work effectively with a diverse company.
Nice to have:
- DevOps Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering experience.
- Industry certifications in AWS, Microsoft, Netapp, Cisco or Cybersecurity.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with orchestration tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc.).