Are you a Cyber Security enthusiast who enjoys the organized chaos of a fast-paced and dynamic environment where you are on the front lines protecting the threat-heavy technology industry? Are you passionate about safeguarding the organization’s critical intellectual property and securing information technology business solutions? We are searching for a motivated and capable Cyber Security professional who will be responsible for the oversight of our client's cyber and information security operations which will include resources onsite and virtually through services and tools implemented across the enterprise.
The Cyber Security Engineer will work with the development, implementation and maintenance of a company-wide information security infrastructure both internally and externally and will ensure appropriate control objectives for system integrity, availability and reliability. This person will work closely with the Infrastructure, Engineering, and other business teams to implement and manage technologies and software to regulate business risks that need to be remediated in a timely manner to prevent a significant security breach, compliance or audit failure.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and enforcing cyber security and IP protection policies and practices. Ensure data privacy and comply with laws and regulations.
- Develop standards and procedures for Information Security, leveraging authoritative sources and industry best practices.
- Monitor and maintain effective security controls and oversight functions for client.
- Participate in the development and implementation of corporate security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance and development of security posture.
- Work with the IT Service Desk and security team to establish response and escalation procedures for security monitoring events.
- Communicate and document details of security incidents.
- Review enterprise systems to determine if they have been designed and established to comply with established standards.
- Manage security controls to effectively protect company confidential and regulated data.
- Manage asset discovery engagements for legal and human resources as required.
- Travel (up to 10%) to our domestic and international business operations.
3 plus years of Information Security experience required. Industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC, CCNA, AWS is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS/MS in Computer Sciences, Management Information Systems, Information Security, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or related field(s) preferred, but not required.
- Good understanding of Cisco Firewalls, Routers and Switching technology.
- Familiar with FireEye & Symantec endpoint agents.
- Use of SEIMs, log collections, event correlation, and incident response best practices.
- Ability to implement, upgrade and administer security applications.
- Previous experience running vulnerability scans and workstation/server hardening.
- Confident in working with IPS/IDS systems.
- Knowledgeable in LAN technologies including IP strategies, and all aspects of network system deployments.
- Building security processes, run books and documenting important security tasks.
- Knowledge of industry-standard security appliances and devices.
- Analytical skills to discuss problems, analyze solutions/options, evaluate and enable improved processes.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Above-average verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills which are essential to effectively communicate with diverse groups from executive leadership to end-users.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.