The Workday (HR) Project Manager oversees management of allocated project(s) to a successful conclusion, delivering business process changes and system solutions to the organization in a cost effective and timely manner.
· Accountable for end-to-end delivery of assigned projects to agreed schedule, scope and budget
· Define scope and deliverables that support organizational objectives in collaboration with the project team and other stakeholders
· Develop project plans & timelines; participate in ongoing project planning activities to include schedule development, resource allocation, issue prioritization, risk management, communication planning
· Lead timely resolution of key issues, decisions, escalations, and risks. Identify and track risks and response recommendations. Implement mitigation plans as needed.
· Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path
· Remove barriers to success in a proactive and collaborative manner
· Makes certain project communications are consistent with the size and profile of the project.
· Ensure timesheets are up to date and reflective of current workload.
· Manage relationships with variety of stakeholders to influence and negotiate project timelines and deliverables. Clearly communicates any changes to situation or scope.
· Prepare and maintain detailed and accurate project reports including progress and health updates, RAID items, budget
· Facilitate regular status meetings with project team. Participate in other project and program meetings as required
· Adheres to PMO guidelines and standard tools/templates
· Ensures that the project is smoothly handed over to the business and Operational Support following a formal gate review process.
· Manage project closure activities. Facilitates and documents lessons learned
· Responsibilities may vary within the range of tasks and activities described, with specific objectives being set, documented and reviewed by the Program Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Computer Science, or Information Systems
PMP certification highly desirable
Knowledge & Experience:
· Solid understanding of software development life cycles with experience in both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
· Proven track record of successfully leading enterprise software projects including 7+ years of experience managing medium to large initiatives with high complexity, visibility and impact. Workday and Salesforce beneficial
· Experience managing stakeholder expectations at all levels of the organization
· Excellent written and verbal group and interpersonal communication skills
· Stakeholder management; customer and quality focused
· Critical thinking; analytical and problem-solving expertise
· Experience leading cross-functional project teams
· Business/Commercial background
· Highly organized and flexible approach with ability to prioritize and work under pressure
· Management of remotely located project teams is essential
· Technical project management skills preferred
· Proficient in the use of project management software (Smartsheet, MS Project)