Our financial services client is looking to hire a Director of Data Engineering to join their growing Data Engineering team to work on designing and implementing the next version of their integrated data platform. The client takes a holistic view of the firm's data, from cloud storage to contracts, and the data engineering team provides centralized and actionable views to build research, monitoring, and reporting tools. For this you'll need to be a tenacious and creative problem solver with the ability to quickly prototype solutions. You'll also need to be proactive and have a desire to interact with the product and business facing groups to understand what drives their processes and turn that insight into great tools to help grow the client's business.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of professional development experience with 3-5 years Data Engineering experience
- ETL/data pipelining experience
- Solid SQL skills
- Good knowledge of pandas with hands on data experience
- Knowledge of Linux environments - bash, ssh, crontab etc.
- Experience with AWS services/EC2
- Experience using Cloud storage solutions
- Experience with BI tools - Looker, Tableau etc.
- Working front end knowledge - HTML/CSS/jQuery
- Any experience with Docker is a plus
- Working knowledge of statistics
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Full stack experience
- Math/Stats background
- Data Science experience