The Manager of Server Engineering will lead a team responsible for capturing product requirements from stakeholders, designing system architectures, facilitating communication between functional teams, and driving development and implementation best practices across client server/virtualization/email environment. Directs the Server Engineering team in the design, development, implementation and support of server activities.
- Provides infrastructure and application support (administration, configuration, Incident Management and monitoring) for Server related systems in a 24/7 highly available environment.
- Performs root cause analysis and fault isolation for troubleshooting environmental, server, and application availability issues.
- Leads projects involving the deployment, administration and support of critical infrastructure applications and systems onto Windows platforms.
- Works closely and coordinates with other IT managers and non-technical business units to define and implement a multi-faceted array of technical service projects.
- Drives improvement in processes, manageability, availability and cost efficiency with a strong ability to anticipate future demands, growth and competitive trends.
- Analyzes Servers and initiates corrective actions to ensure operational stability and efficient work-flow.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Management, IT or other related IT/health field.
2. A minimum of 7 years of experience in a technical multi-discipline management.
3. A minimum of five years of experience in technical leadership, preferably within healthcare.
4. Previous leadership of 15 or more direct reports preferred.
5. Ability to foster teamwork while leading and directing the work of others.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of IT service management.
7. Requires leadership skills, judgment, creativity, and comprehensive knowledge of the field.
8. Ability to manage problems and build collaborative relationships.
9. Ability to drive strategic direction.
10. Proven maturity and strength in team leadership, team building, communication, coaching, and providing timely essential feedback to others.
11. Demonstrated ability to proactively address problems and situations.
12. ITIL experience preferred
13. Working knowledge of Cisco UCS, VMWare, O365, Google Workplace (GSuite), Microsoft server operating systems, Active Directory preferred.